Match: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Date: 28th May 2021
Format: 3rd ODI (50 overs) Bangladesh leads 2-0
Trends & Recent Form
Our thoughts on Sri Lanka never came to fruition with a humbling defeat in the last match. Again they got stuck with no player making a decent score. Where do Sri Lanka go from here to avoid a white wash? We look over the key stats and trends for this match.
Latest stats and trends
- Bangladesh leads the series 2-0 after a 105 run victory in the 2nd ODI. Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat first.
- Mushfiqur Rahim took the player of the match award after scoring 125 runs from 127 balls. Ramin got over half the teams runs. This followed on from being the top scorer and player of the match in the first ODI. Very impressive form.
- No other players got more than 41 runs. 3 players got a duck, Saifuddin’s was a golden duck.
- Mahmudullah’s 41 from 58 helped to steady the wicket rate. He had a 96 run partnership with Rahim before losing his wicket chipping one to mid-on.
- Mustafizur Rahman was the top bowler with figures of 3/16 from 10. Hasan also took 3 wickets in the match for 28 runs from 10 overs. Shakib Al Hasan also chipped in with 2 wickets. This was an excellent performance from the bowling unit.
Sri Lanka form
Latest stats and trends
- The bowling of Sri Lanka was again a letdown in the 2nd ODI. At times they looked to be going well with Bangladesh 15/2 and 74/4. The inability to take the wicket if Rahim again cost them the match.
- Dushmantha Chameera was the top bowler with 3/44 from 9.1 overs. Lakshan Sandakan also took 3 wickets for 54 runs from 10 overs. Part-timer de Sliva was wasteful with the ball going for 23 from 3 overs.
- With the bat, Sri Lanka again struggled to make a score. They are frustrating to watch as they all seem to lose their wicket just as they were getting in.
- 8 of the batsmen got over 10 runs but only 4 of those got past 15 and only 2 got past 20. Gunathilaka top scored with 24, but even that was from 26 balls. Udana hit 2 sixes, the most of the team, but by then it was already too late to make a difference.
Head to head stats
Tour so far
- Match 1: Bangladesh won by 33 runs
- Bangladesh 257/6 (50)
- Sri Lanka 224 (48.1)
- Match 2: Bangladesh won by 103 runs (D/L method)
- Bang 246 (48.1)
- Sri Lanka 141/9 (40)
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Bangladesh to win at 4/7*
These odds are of no major interest to us and we won’t be backing them but the sensible prediction is for Bangladesh to complete the white wash and get the win.
After the last match, the captain was already talking about his determination to make it the perfect series by sealing the win.
The Sri Lankan captain was more down beat blaming lack of experience at this level for the deafest. He did say they need to play more fearless cricket but this is not an easy task when you have lost your last 5 ODI’s in a row.
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 3rd ODI Preview and predictions: Will it be a 6th ODI defeat in a row for Sri Lanka?
Match: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka Date: 28th May 2021 Format: 3rd ODI (50 overs) Bangladesh leads 2-0 Trends & Recent Form Our thoughts on Sri
Match: La Soufriere Hikers v Salt Pond Breakers Date: 25th May 2021 Time: 1.30 PM India Tournament: Vincy Premier League T10, Caribean Trends & Recent
Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Predictions: Why Sri Lanka can end their run of ODI defeats in this match
Match: Date: 25th May 2021 Format: ODI – 2nd of 3 match series, Bangladesh leads 1-0 Trends & Recent Form The 3 match series kicked