Match: La Soufriere Hikers v Salt Pond Breakers
Date: 25th May 2021
Time: 1.30 PM India
Tournament: Vincy Premier League T10, Caribean
Trends & Recent Form
This match has 3rd playing 4th although there is a big gap in the points of these 2 teams. La Soufriere Hikers has a chance to go to the top of the league if they win their 2 matches in hand on the leaders.
We will look over the key stats and trends for these 2 teams in the Vincy T10 tournament. We are hoping for a big match here with lots of runs based on the fire power of the Hikers.
Position: 3rd of 6
- Played: 6
- Won: 4
- Lost: 2
- Net Run Rate: +1.021
- Top Batsman: Desron Maloney (139 runs)
- Top Bowler: B Stapleton (7 wickets)
Latest stats and trends
- After a flying start, LSH has lost their last 2 matches to 5th and 6th placed teams. This has been a real disappointment for them as they looked set to be one of the top 2 teams. They will be looking to turn things around here and get back to winning ways.
- In the last match, DVE batted first and put on a respectable 105/3, but we would have expected LSH to share that down. They ended with 94/6 despite Othniel Lewis getting a quickfire 8 from 14 balls. His wicket fell at 90/4 with 5 balls remaining. If he’s stayed in they may just have done it!
- Maloney, Douglas and Stapleton all misfired getting 2, 9 and 8 runs respectively. It was the fall of runs that cost them in the 8th and 9th over. They went from 2/84 to 6/94 in 7 balls.
- In the previous match against GD, the match followed a similar pattern. They were set 108 to win the match and against stuttered. Top tournament batsman Desron Maloney was out for a duck from 2 balls. The runs just did not come quickly enough and they ended with 72/4 – a very poor chase.
Position: 4th of 6
- Played: 6
- Won: 2
- Lost: 4
- Net Run Rate: 0.242
- Top Batsman: SW Ambris (113 runs)
- Top Bowler: Jevon Samuel (5 wickets)
Latest stats and trends
- Salt Pond Breakers come into the game after a 4-day break and should be refreshed and ready to go.
- They lost their last match in the penultimate ball, losing to Fort Charlotte Strikers by 7 wickets.
- SPB opted to bat first and put on 73/7. A steady stream of wickets prevented them from getting a bigger score. A quick-fire 21 from 10 balls by Rickford Walker batting 6th helped to boost the score to a defendable one.
- with the ball they struggled to take the wickets they needed to keep the chase down. FCS opener Miles Bascome did the damage with 50 not out from 28 balls.
Match Prediction & Tips
Match Prediction: Salt Pond Breakers to win at 6/4*
The odds here caught our eye after the dip in form of LSH. SPB should be fresh and fired up for this one and the 6/4* odds looks like good value on the day for this match.
Score predictions– if batting first
*Odds & Responsible gambling
All odds that appear are subject to change at any time. They are correct as stated at the time of publishing the article and are taken from various betting sites in India.
Please gamble responsibly, no tips or bets are guaranteed to win. Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. For help with problem gambling please visit gamblingtherapy.org.
Like this preview? why not share it?
Here are some other previews you may like
Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 3rd ODI Preview and predictions: Will it be a 6th ODI defeat in a row for Sri Lanka?
Match: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka Date: 28th May 2021 Format: 3rd ODI (50 overs) Bangladesh leads 2-0 Trends & Recent Form Our thoughts on Sri
Match: La Soufriere Hikers v Salt Pond Breakers Date: 25th May 2021 Time: 1.30 PM India Tournament: Vincy Premier League T10, Caribean Trends & Recent
Bangladesh v Sri Lanka 2nd ODI Predictions: Why Sri Lanka can end their run of ODI defeats in this match
Match: Date: 25th May 2021 Format: ODI – 2nd of 3 match series, Bangladesh leads 1-0 Trends & Recent Form The 3 match series kicked